Corinne Milien is the proud daughter of Haitian immigrants, and thus a first-generation American, now calling Cumming, Georgia home. After serving in the United States Air Force, Corinne worked for Pat Summit and the University of Tennessee Women’s Basketball Team, ESPN, and eventually co-founded and led the non-profit, the Winning Edge Leadership Academy. Now she is forging her own trail in the for-profit space with her company WRK, partnering with organizations to increase diversity and inclusion within the workforce and advance professional leadership opportunities for the underrepresented. She is a dedicated dog-mom, has vibrant and contagious energy, and it sounds like she’s a force on the golf course!
Mentions from the show:
– Bemidji State University: https://www.bemidjistate.edu
– Pat Summit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Summitt
– Johnson C. Smith University Golden Bulls: https://goldenbullsports.com/index.aspx
– Maria Taylor: http://www.mariataylortv.com/#about
– Winning Edge Leadership Academy: https://winningedgeleads.org
– Lake Lanier: https://www.discoverlakelanier.com
– NPR Sustaining Membership: https://www.npr.org/support
Stay in touch with People, Place, & Purpose on Instagram and stay tuned for a new episode every Monday!