Lizzy Lopez grew up between Chicago and Arandas Jalisco, part of the Golden Triangle of Tequila-making in Mexico, and now calls Chicago home once again. In 2016 when her father gifted each of his children an acre of land in their family plot in Mexico, Lizzy decided to join the third generation of tequila producers in her family. She was able to plant 19 rows of 71 blue agave plants, totaling one thousand, three hundred, and forty-nine plants, and Tequila 1349 was born. There is something extra special about a story of an unexpected entrepreneurship journey and Lizzy has so much to share about hers thus far.
Mentions from the show:
– Simply From The Heart: https://sftheart.org/
– “How I Built This: The Unexpected Paths to Success from the World’s Most Inspiring Entrepreneurs” book: https://amzn.to/3gLOaKU
– “In the Company of Women” book: https://amzn.to/3EP94Tx
– Chicago Architectural Cruise: https://www.architecture.org/tours/detail/chicago-architecture-foundation-center-river-cruise-aboard-chicago-s-first-lady/
– Immersive Frida Kahlo: https://www.immersive-frida.com/
– Immersive Van Gogh: https://www.immersivevangogh.com/
– Tequila 1349 recipes: https://tequila1349.com/recipes/
Links may be affiliate links, which means we would get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you.