Kristine Deer grew up as the youngest of three girls in the suburbs of New Jersey in a home with artistic and creative parents, and an “art room” in lieu of a dining room. Her love for fashion and hot yoga started her on the journey to create apparel that was both functional and expressive, initially for herself, and ultimately transforming into a business, K-DEER, known for their iconic bright and colorful striped leggings. Little did Kristine know the community that would grow around K-DEER and the impact that they would have collectively. This story is a bit different than many of the others on our show, and it’s a really special one for which we are enormously grateful to Kristine for sharing with us.
Mentions from the show:
– John Varvatos: https://www.johnvarvatos.com/mens-shoes/
– Bikram Yoga: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikram_Yoga
– Jimmy Barkan yoga: https://www.barkanmethod.com/
– FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology): https://www.fitnyc.edu/
– Aphasia: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/aphasia/symptoms-causes/syc-20369518
– Adler Aphasia Center: https://adleraphasiacenter.org/
– Yoga Girl, Rachel Brathen: https://www.yogagirl.com/
– Process Painting: https://www.processarts.com/what-is-process-painting/
– Ram Dass: https://amzn.to/3TmbNZ4
Links may be affiliate links, which means we would get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you.